Rainbow is looking for a
Sales Development Representative
San Francisco or Remote
About the Role
As a Sales Development Representative at Rainbow, you are responsible for sourcing and developing high quality leads with prospective agents and converting them to a successful appointment.
Your relevant experience in commercial insurance sales development makes you a key contributor as we further develop the user experience and expand our products.
In this role, you will work alongside our teams in business development and underwriting to develop and execute effective sales strategies to bring our products to a broader audience. Rainbow has ambitious expansion goals that we’ll rely on you to help us meet.
Much of our team meets at the San Francisco Financial District office 2 days per week, and we work from home the rest of the time. We also have fully remote team members, and the Sales Development Representative role can be fully remote for the right candidate.
This position will help drive our sales strategies as we evolve from a startup into a multi-line, countrywide underwriting organization. In addition to fostering a customer centric team environment, you’ll enhance other areas of the business with our collaborative all-hands-on-deck approach.
What You’ll Do
- Research and recruit prospective agents that have a demonstrated ability to produce in our target classes.
- Conduct follow up activities including demos, meetings, and otherwise supporting the agents needs.
- Attend industry events to professionally promote Rainbow to new potential trading partners.
- Solicit feedback and efficiently communicate recommendations to the appropriate teams for possible improvements and additions.
- Maintain a high-level view of our offerings, thoroughly understanding the underwriting guidelines and customer service standards to attract quality agents.
- Show your versatility, by understanding the agency’s needs while maintaining a consistent message regarding the underwriting model and products.
What You Need
- 2+ years of business development/sales experience, P&C commercial insurance preferred
- HubSpot experience is required
- Comfortable moving very fast and working directly with internal teams as well as prospective agents
- Superior organization, prioritization, and desk management skills
- Detail oriented, with strong accompanying written and oral communication skill
- Able to effectively communicate complex concepts to multiple types of audience