Rainbow is looking for a
Rainbow is looking for an
About the Role
As an Underwriter at Rainbow, you are instrumental in helping us grow our small business insurance book through execution and development of our underwriting strategies. Your relevant experience in insurance underwriting makes you a key contributor as we launch and expand our products with a focus on tech-enabled underwriting and creative uses of available data. This environment is high-volume and fast-paced, and your drive and motivation to be an effective problem solver is critical to your success.
This position is remote, with location preferences in Central, Mountain or Pacific time zones. Infrequent travel will be required to attend company meetings and industry events.
This position reports to the Head of Underwriting and works closely with the underwriting, product, and business development teams to create solutions to deliver world class service to our agency partners. You will adhere to our underwriting guidelines and service standards while exuding positivity and uncompromising professionalism. We’re a startup, so you also get to help us enhance other areas of the business with our all-hands-on-deck approach.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze and approve underwriting referrals generated by our agents through our online platform.
- Collaborate with business development and product to design efficiencies in customer service.
- Expertly communicate decisions and underwriting standpoints to agents in a manner that drives repeat business.
- Process insurance transactions, such as amendments, audits, and billing reinstatements.
- Compile and moderate feedback, delivering to your team to create action items supporting our drive for continuous improvement.
- Validate the completeness and accuracy of system changes and enhancements using thorough quality control testing.
- Provide thorough underwriting file documentation to meet our standards as well as ensuring compliance with requirements of regulators and capacity partners.
- Leverage our continuous underwriting model to identify risks subject to further underwriting consideration.
- Contribute to our rapid evolution by helping us design underwriting functions and processes as we look to scale our offerings.
- Show your versatility by supporting our business development and product needs.
What You Need
- 3+ years of SME underwriting experience, including hospitality/restaurant business
- Comfortable moving very fast and working directly with independent agents
- Superior organization, prioritization, and desk management skills
- Service-first, hyper-reactive mindset
- Detail oriented, with superb written and oral communication skills